Having a perfect smile has always been extremely important too me. I think it’s because it’s the first thing I notice about someone. For as long as I can remember I’ve always wanted to work on teeth, whether it be as a dental assistant or hygienist (until I took a sales job and found that I really liked it)
At one point in my life I remember being a little obsessed with whitening my teeth. I would sneak the whitening trays that my mom brought home and I ended up using them all in the matter of just a few weeks.
Over time I tried so many different teeth whitening products that just didn’t work for me. The whitening strips just fell off my teeth, the LED Light just freaked me out and made me think I was going to get mouth cancer, basic whitening trays just made my teeth extremely sensitive and I wasn’t noticing a difference, and my whitening tooth paste wasn’t giving me the results I wanted to see. The last option I had was going to a dentist and getting my teeth professionally whitened, but that can be expensive.
I don’t drink soda or coffee but my sweet tea obsession is real, and over the last year it has caused some staining to my teeth. When Smile Brilliant reached out to me a few months ago to give my honest review on their custom teeth whitening system. I was excited to try something new.
What came in my Smile Brilliant Package?
- 3 Sets of Impression Material (To make your own top & bottom impressions and 1 extra set of material in case you mess up)
- 2 Impression Trays (Used with the impression material to create a mold)
- Professional Teeth Whitening Gel & Desensitizing Gel
- 3- Way Postage (Which means when you don’t have to pay to ship your impressions back to the lab)
- Professional Lab Service (Who creates your custom fitted trays)
- Custom-Fitted Teeth Whitening Trays (1 upper and 1 lower)
I was actually really nervous about making my impressions because I expected it to be super confusing or hard but it was actually very easy to do. Smile Brilliant included very detailed instructions about each step so I won’t walk you through everything.
When making your impressions you mix the Base paste & Catalyst Paste together until you form a light blue paste. Then once you have your light blue paste you press it into your molds (you do this step twice for the top and bottom impressions)
After they’ve hardened, all you do is simply place them in the provided envelope and mail them off to get your customized trays!
Once you receive your trays back from the lab, you’re ready to whiten! In your box you have 4 syringes of whitening gel and 4 syringes of desensitizing gel. I got about 5-6 treatments out of one syringe. I used a small amount in my trays because I didn’t want to use a ton of gel since my teeth are usually very sensitive. Depending on how many stains your teeth might have you might want to use more or less.
- I couldn’t believe that after my first session I noticed a huge color difference in my teeth and so did Andrew.
- I didn’t have any sensitivity using Smile Brilliant but I made sure to follow the directions thoroughly.
- I think its worth the cost, because you can keep the whitening trays forever all you will need to do is order more gel in the future.
- Also I really enjoyed how easy the process was and that it wasn’t a messy like some teeth whitening processes I’ve tried.
BEFORE & AFTER
Here is my before and after picture. My teeth weren’t horrible to start with but with drinking so much tea I knew I had a lot of deep/surface stains, and my after picture does a great job at showing you how much my stains were removed. I notice the biggest difference between my before and after picture are the stains around my gum line are mostly gone in my after picture.
I’m so excited to be able to share Smile Brilliant with you guys! One lucky winner will receive a complete teeth whitening kit valued at $149.00. The contest will end on August 20th, 2018.
If you aren’t the lucky winner, but you’re still interested in getting a teeth whitening kit use code “alittlesliceofem15” for 15% off your order.
**Thank you Smile Brilliant for sponsoring this post. But all opinions are my own!