I hope you’ve all been having a great Tuesday so far! So today I was craving something sweet but I’ve also been trying to eat somewhat healthier so I didn’t think getting a bowl of ice cream would be a good idea. So instead I decided to make some Banana Cinnamon Crunch Bread that I found on another website called www.cocoandash.com because I figured that was a better alternative than the ice cream or candy I would’ve gotten.
So keep reading if you’d like to know how I made it!
For the banana bread:
- 1 cup and 1/2 all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup quick-cook oats
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup walnuts optional
For the topping:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp softened butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 9×5 loaf pan with either non-stick spray or butter.
- In a medium bowl, combine your dry ingredients (flour,baking soda, baking powder, oats, sugar, salt)
- In a large bowl, combine your wet ingredients (eggs, milk, oil, and mashed bananas)
- Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Make your topping mixture in a separate bowl by combining the (flour, sugar, cinnamon, and butter) and mix together until the mixture looks similar of wet sand.
- Pour half of your banana bread batter into your prepared dish then top with half of the cinnamon mixture then pour the remaining banana bread batter mixture on top and then after that pour the rest of the cinnamon mixture on top.
- Bake at 350 for about 50-60 minutes or until a butter knife comes out clean!
It tasted fantastic once we let it cool, and it sure did fix my sweet tooth! If you decide to try this recipe let me know what you thought in the comments below, I’d love to know!